As you know, the oil filter is one of the essential parts of a car. It has the effect of removing dirt and pollutants that are harmful to the engine. Currently, you can easily find oil filters from many different brands.
If you are still wondering about choosing the right oil filter product, the Mobil 1 is the best choice. The following article will tell you who makes Mobil 1 oil filters and how to use it.
History Of The Mobil 1 Oil Filter
Mobil 1 oil filter is the most famous brand today. Many auto businesses choose products as accessories for their cars. Mobil 1 oil filters are a product of Champion Laboratories, the #1 auto parts supplier in the United States founded in 1950.
Currently, Champion Laboratories owns a state-of-the-art Champions laboratory specializing in producing oil filters, air filters, and fuel dispensers. The company owns a wide range of equipment suitable for all types of vehicles (including heavy-duty vehicles).
Who Makes Mobil 1 Oil Filters?
The mobile oil filter 1 is a product of the Champions laboratory of Champion Laboratories Inc. Currently, Mobil 1 is available worldwide at auto parts and accessories dealers. All products of the company enjoy a long-term warranty, ensuring the interests of users.
- Who Makes Supertech Oil? What Are Its Pros And Cons
- Who Makes Carquest Oil? Outstanding Features & Classification
- Pennzoil Platinum vs Ultra Platinum: Perfect Answer
To talk about the quality of Mobil 1, almost everyone has a review of the product. The proof is that many famous car manufacturers: Ford, Chevrolet, and choose Mobil 1 oil filters as accessories for their cars.
You can refer to some great points of Mobil 1:
- Mobil 1 has a long service life, and you can travel 15000 miles before replacing the filter with a new one.
- Mobil 1 is suitable for almost all synthetic oils, which sets Mobil 1 apart from conventional filters.
- These oil filters can remove 99.8% of oil deposits. From there, you won’t have to worry about no brake fluid coming out when bleeding or fuel leaking out due to dirt clogging the pipes.
- 1 oil filter or any other filter has both pros and cons, but it will have more advantages than limitations. For the most part, the disadvantages of Mobil 1 filters can be ignored or remedied.
Advantages And Disadvantages
Mobil 1’s outstanding advantages have helped it rise to become the best filter brand today. Here are some benefits of Mobil 1 that you should know:
- Possessing excellent durability as Mobil 1 can operate for a long time up to 15000 miles/use.
- Micro-fiberglass design improves filtration efficiency.
- Pores allow oil to pass through easily, removing 99.8% of dirt and contaminants.
- Combines effortlessly with synthetic oils, creating a smooth ride in the car
- The silicone and metal materials used to make the filter are not affected even when the pressure is increased.
- Reasonable product price, suitable for everyone
- In addition to the advantages, the Mobil 1 oil filter has certain limitations. However, it is not too serious to affect the quality of the product. You can ultimately improve that limitation if you know how to fix it.
- The first disadvantage of the Mobil 1 oil filter is the lack of a metal backing in the silicon layer. In addition, some special vehicles will not be able to use Mobil 1 because it is not compatible with the car. Users need to choose another product to replace.
- Currently, Mobil 1 has many different versions, and all have the M1 symbol at the beginning for easy identification by users.
Types Of Mobil 1 Oil Filters
Oil filter M1-101A is the first generation of Mobil 1. It is used by Isuzu (1989-1994, 1998-2003) and GM (1975-2014) vehicles.
For oil filter M1-102 will fit car model:
- Chrysler, Ford (2003-2019)
- Mazda (2001-2015)
- Toyota (1987-2019)
- Dodge (1995-2011)
Oil filter M1-651A can work well for:
- Turbo Diesel (2003-2010) 6.4L
- Ford 6.0L.
M1-651A used for vehicle models:
- SRX V6 3.6L (2004-2011)
- Cadillac CTS V6 3.6L (2004-2015)
- STS V6 3.6L (2005-2011)
- Oldsmobile (1990-2002)
You can use the M1-456A for the following models:
In addition, there are many other versions of the Mobil 1 oil filter: M1-103A, M1-104A, M1-451A, M1-453A,… Each version will be suitable for different vehicle models. Champion Laboratories creates many versions to meet the full criteria of each car.
Any brand of your car can use Mobil 1. You just need to go to the auto parts dealer, give the brand name of your vehicle, and get a salesperson to help you choose the right oil filter.
Some Frequently Asked Questions
What is the price of the mobil 1 oil filter?
To buy a Mobil 1 oil filter version, you need to spend about 9.95 dollars on the cheapest product. Alternatively, the M1-212A kit costs about $30.59, and the M1-104A costs about $23.
All products are available to you at dealers and on e-commerce sites. Before buying, you should check the compatibility to avoid losing money unjustly.
How long is the oil filter’s life?
There are two ways you can accurately calculate the life of your Mobil 1 oil filter. First, you can rely on the distance traveled peruse.
On average, mileage is about 15000 miles. Second, you can depend on the filter usage time from the date of replacement. On average, you will need to replace your oil filters when they are about 1 year old. That will help you ensure the performance of the oil filter, avoiding deposits from causing engine damage.
Is it safe to use an inexpensive oil filter?
The answer is yes. Mobil 1 filter quality does not depend on price, and the price will vary depending on the version.
At the same time, you need to rely on the car model to choose the right oil filter. Besides, it would help if you decided on reputable brands that sell oil filters to ensure their highest performance.
Hopefully, the article will help you better understand Mobil 1 oil filter and related knowledge. It’s an auto accessories company named Champion Laboratories, specializing in providing the best oil, air, and filter products available today. Besides good quality, Mobil 1 has a relatively low price, suitable for all users.
Of course, each version will have a different price, and you need to consider its suitability before replacing it.